In 1946, as the population of Chicago expanded westward, eight families left an established church in Chicago's Austin neighborhood, in response to God's leading, to plant a new church in Glen Ellyn, one of the rapidly growing suburbs. That year, the Glen Ellyn Mission Covenant Church was born. Fast-forward more than sixty years and the people of Glen Ellyn Evangelical Covenant Church are driven by the same core mission: to love God and love others. Many things have changed, but not the main things. God remains a constant and so does His mission for the church. So, not surprisingly, we are still being called to leave the comforts of an established church and see what God can do. New buildings, new people, new programs, and most of all, new life!